When we arrive with our newborn at home, we are aware that very long nights with a few hours of sleep await us. Newborn sleeping too much but they do it at a very different time from ours, since the process of adaptation to the world is slow and requires several things. Often parents worry about whether the child will sleep well or if it is easy or difficult for him to fall asleep.
Parents are the ones who should teach the baby to sleep just by establishing routines. Some tips for how to get a newborn to sleep at night.Newborn not sleeping during the day. Adapt the baby to daylight. When we are in the dark the brain releases melatonin, a key hormone to fall asleep. Children do not distinguish between day and night and their sleeping hours are very different from ours. As it grows, we have to adapt it and educate it so that it knows how to be awake during daylight hours and so that it falls asleep at night time hours. If it is daylight, let sunlight enter the house and all the corners of the house are well lit. For the night, it creates a relaxing environment.
How to get a newborn to sleep at night
• How to get newborn to sleep in bassinet? The baby must incorporate the routines of day and night, and among the latter are the rituals to go to sleep: a story, some massages or pampering in his cradle or bassinet, a song or some soft music can be creating the right environment for sleep.
• Ensure good ventilation in the room at baby sleep time- turn off the light and moderate noise is essential for the baby to fall asleep peacefully.
• How to wean night feeds? Give him the last meal around 8:00 p.m. or 9:00 p.m., so that he learns to go to bed early. This is good for the baby, who gets enough rest, and for the parents, who can find a quiet time to be together.
• It is not necessary to make him sleep in arms since he will take this habit: it is necessary to lay him in his cradle – still awake – and accompany him for a little while – before he falls asleep.
• How to put a baby to sleep in 40 seconds? Before bedtime, it is important to help the child relax, and for that, nothing like a good bath.
It is an excellent opportunity for the baby to relax and, if it has done at about the same time, of little will he understand that after bath time it is time to sleep.
The person in charge of putting the baby to bed should also be relaxed and willing to give the child the attention he needs.
• What should a newborn wear to sleep? In the crib, to prevent the baby’s face from being covered during sleep, it is advised that there are no pillows, pillows, rolled and fluffy clothes, dolls, and toys, etc.
The crib mattress must be firm, adjust well to the Cot without leaving free spaces and covered by a fine adjustable sheet.
• The bedding should be adequate: it is important not to wrap the baby too much and not to put blankets that could drown him. If sheets used to cover it, they should be below the baby’s armpits, with their little arms on the outside.
• Do not take it to the parents’ bed: this can be done as pampering at some time during the day or when the children are older and there is no risk of creating the habit of sleeping in the large bed. Avoid it especially when you cry at night.
• Maintain the rules of sleep even when someone stays to take care of him or when he goes to sleep, for example, at the grandparents’ house.
• 7 month old waking up at night crying. After 6 months of age, if you wake up during the night, you have to teach yourself to fall asleep again as babies at this age sleep for 6 to 8 hours in a row.
If he does not cry, it is better not to go to your room. If he cries, you have to explain that you have to sleep and try not to lift it. This process requires a lot of patience.
You learn to sleep, therefore it can be taught. That is why it is so important to be consistent in the routines so that the baby is acquiring habits that will then accompany him as he grows.